Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pictures...Finally!!















I know! Finally pictures! I am sorry it has taken so long, but the internet is not my favorite thing to battle with here! These pictures are just what I happen to have on my camera right now and are a random group of moments! I hope you guys like them! :)


























I got lost one day walking on crazy paths through the jungle and I found an old WWII plane from the Japanese! There are lots of old rusted out tanks, cars, machine guns, engines, and whatever else they used out there. Of course they are being used to grow plants or as jungle gyms by the locals.





4 comments:

  1. Phenomenal experience and great photos to document it. Hope you are keeping copious notes so you can write even more on your island life on your return to the US. Nicole introduced us to your site a few months ago, so we have been following your adventures. Keep the stories and photos coming. Nancy and Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey just want to say hi and hello.well thats good you know how the island way of living..iam frm frm falalop woleai..its good to experience some other cultures.and its good to know about the small island cus not so many americans know about the small islands....they look at me and they talk to me in spanish...lol....well I just read everything you write in here but yeah iam gonna say thats how we roll on the island...work together in group

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey hey hey,i like this blog of urs.well m from Falalop Woleai too,Osafeo village..those kids with u are ma nephews.feel like m back in the islands when i saw them pictures.thanx n i like ur blog..thank God u just visited ma paradise..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Looking through your photos and reading your blogs brought good memories of my beautiful island Woleai. I had to laugh at your "no hello" blog. Something I never really pay attention to but it sort of does make sense. Why say hello when you're not planning on having conservation with the person? lol Do you have a facebook? I would love to hear more about your experience! I seriously need to go back, I've been away for too long. Your blog brought a sense of nostalgic feelings which I believe is a cue for me to go back and visit. LOL

    Tnx for everything you've done for my people, the kids especially. They are the future of our islands.
    And I give you credit for your courage and determination. Only brave ones can make it out of the Woleaian living style! hehe
    Thumbs up!
    Much alohas!
    Waishog

    ReplyDelete