Thursday, October 8, 2009

September 5: Day 4

Sep

Kasalehlie! That’s the greeting I received when I got off the plane in Pohnpei, Micronesia! The crazy hot sun was also blazing its welcome as we walked down the runway to customs. It is stinking hot here! After we were greeted by current Peace Corps Volunteers and staff, received marmars (flower crowns), and piled on an old school bus, we went to Yavonnes hotel. We had a little welcome session that completely confused me because I was going on like zero sleep! I was pretty much questioning my sanity at this point because I felt like a zombie, the food was spam sandwiches, I was hotter then I ever remember being in my life, and they were throwing all of this important info at us that I did not understand! At this point I could not remember why exactly I chose to come here….
The next morning, after falling asleep at 6pm and waking up at 8am, I felt much better. Things solidified and were not that confusing at all! They are actually really exciting!!  Tomorrow we are going to meet our families that we will be staying with for the next 3 weeks of training and I am totally stoked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment