Wednesday, October 14, 2009

September 21: Day 20

This is my life...

Will it ever get old to see roosters in the tree, crowing as I shower? Will I ever get to the point at which I wonder what is making noise beside me in my bucket and say, “oh, it is just the family pig walking around.”?
When I was washing in the bucket shower this afternoon I heard some crowing. I looked up to see what was going on and I found a rooster in a tree flapping its wings, while some chickens were below pecking the ground looking for food. First I was like “oh yeah, just the chickens.” But then I was like “no wait! Never have I ever been half naked washing myself with roosters barking in trees!” I did the same thing with the pig like two days ago too! I looked up to see a huge pig just hanging out in the grass, doing his thing. I laughed out loud at that point because I just could not believe it. Never would I ever have imagined that I would be washing outside, people and animals around, with only a little piece of sheet metal to block passersby from seeing me! I don’t even know what is normal anymore!

7 comments:

  1. GITA!

    Please call me again, Let's make a time to call each other so that I know I will answer the phone. Your number came up restricted and I was at work so I couldn't answer it. i was at a tradeshow in las vegas. God I have so much I need to talk to you about/tell you. BAH Call me when you can. I love you.

    And please be careful, and eating ants is not normal, okay maybe protein but yuck. And I dunno about the wild chickens. That would totally skeeve me out. UGH. As for the toilet paper....just avoid hand contact ;) Bah I miss you so much. I LOVE YOU. please call me when you can!!!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold crap Gita! I can not believe people and animals are around you like that when you shower...I get nervous people are going to see me in my own shower haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gita!
    I was just reminded of the time you discovered a mouse in the maple syrup in Maine. How funny was that! The only problem with bugs is you don't know where else they've been.
    Love Sandy & Witek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gita,

    Leah told me what you are doing. Way cool. Go on some adventures, you only live once.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gita I miss youu so much. Today I miss you so so much.

    Leah Gustavson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gita -- Just thinking about you today and catching up on your blog (thanks so much for the updates). Hope you're doing well, sounds like you're having exciting transitions. Will you be posting a new address for your mail? It's cooling down in the mountains -- not too cool in the day, but definitely at night. Let us know about your address.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss you Gita!!
    Sounds like lots of fun! I love the part about the family pig!! pigs are great!!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete