Monday, January 11, 2010

Lots of roommates - November 20

My hut is alive! There all sorts of critters that creep and crawl around the floor, in the wooden beams, in the ceiling, and even outside climbing up the walls. I killed my biggest most creepiest roommate tonight. I was going to try and be at peace with the spider the size of a small child’s hand, but my plan failed. I was all because I saw it fall on my cousin Brandon while we were playing Uno. It was a hit and run, but I nailed the spider later with my handy dandy shoe. I am down one roommate, but I am ok with it especially because my sister, Gwen, said that spiders crawl up under mosquito nets…Eek!

Speaking of mosquito net, I am ridiculously grateful for mine, it keeps all kinds of critters from flying or falling on me. I saw a lizard (uzarde in Woleaian) crawling on the ceiling tonight and I though to myself that I am very grateful for lizards because they keep the bug population down a little, but I do not want to be under that guy when he loses his grip on the palm fron!

Early this morning I heard this creepy scratching on metal sound and thought NINJA! However, it was 5 o’clock and I was pretty sure that night crawling hours were over. When I got out of bed around 6:30 I went to see what kind of creature was making all racket and I found a giant hermit crab! We all know how much I LOVE crabs and he was headed for my roof which means that he can get inside my house!

Now, I do have to give this guy some credit because he was a very pretty redish pink color and he got creative and was living out of some piece of plastic. I guess he was so big that he couldn’t find a shell big enough for his butt! However, Mr. hermit crab and I could not be friends due to the simple fact that he was trying to invade my house and he kept me awake at 5 am with thoughts of creepy island men trying to get into my hut! I grabbed the closest coconut I could find and knocked him off my house. Let’s just hope that he was not trying to get to his wife and 3 growing children!

No comments:

Post a Comment